Topics

Home Forums Announcements Media Q&A — Thomas Marchi, co-founder & developer at Sentivate / Arity.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jordy Manyoma
      Keymaster

Brought to you by Mr.Backwards

“Hi Thomas; what is your background and for how long have you been involved with software development?”

I began learning code around 8. I remember looking at a tech blog and saying to myself that I wanted to build this site. From there I continued searching, learning, and building. Around 8th grade, I had my first sale for design & code. By high school, I was selling GUI website designs on a more regular basis. In HS I skipped over all the coding classes and got right into what was called independent computer science. Around that time I began working on building social networks and community-focused sites.

After high school, I was introduced to network infrastructure moves by Lewis Haber my first mentor and business partner. Over time I branched out from site work into mobile apps for Android and iOS.

In my late teens, I began work on what is now called AcidJS.com our core front-end utility library and LucyJS a backend utility library that’s used in Sentivate. In 2014 I started Arity as a software company. One of our first products was a social network called LNKit. I created a series of open source utility libraries, automatic documentation generation, and a unit testing library. All of which are used in Sentivate today. I also offered a JS benchmarking service on a subdomain called jsperf.lnkit.com which can be searched on GitHub to demonstrate the extent of our influence in web history. I continued to build a variety of applications from that point.

An app we will be re-releasing exclusively on the Sentivate network is Hermes. Hermes is a social media automation tool that bypasses developer APIs and mimics human-like behavior. I also worked on genetic applications that would analyze a raw DNA file from 23andme, parse the SNPs, and pull up related genetic data to those individual SNPs. This way you could get all health data associated with your genetic data. Throughout my development career, I always designed and built sites of all shapes and sizes regardless of the time period.

During my early 20s, I also helped other developers coming out of boot camp or college to obtain jobs in banks to tech companies. I also spent a short time on and off to teach Nodejs to local young folk eager to learn. Sharing my passion for code & design with others is something I enjoy doing till this day.
      The most important and relevant product was an early form of Sentivate. This framework at the time had a different name but we were building it for the purpose of private Government intranets and or retrofitting some portions of it for modern sites. However, we soon came to the realization that the web is broken to an astounding degree. In order to provide the product, we intended on building we needed to redesign the web’s core technologies and introduce a few additions. The trick was all of these components needed to work together to truly create a viable replacement for the web we have today. However, one key component was missing from the web’s point of view. That was effective congestion control and something that could incentivize good behavior.

This is where cryptocurrency came into play. PoWs are a fantastic use case for packet congestion control built right into the protocol known as packets puzzles. After a ton of research and prototyping, I came to the conclusion that a new web must include a cryptocurrency but it should not interfere with or hinder the performance of the web in any way.

The web must keep its centralized bits in order to have any realistic and or viable approach and it must take advantage of decentralized technologies like a P2PCDN. The paired cryptocurrency must be decentralized focused and enhanced by centralized components. We should be using both sides of the coin and using the right tool for the right job.

FULL ARTICLEhttps://medium.com/@Coin_Shark/q-a-thomas-marchi-co-founder-developer-at-sentivate-arity-d29095b72cae

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Media’ is closed to new topics and replies.